Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

I just don't know anymore...

Anything I thought I knew is so jaded right now. I haven't blogged in so long because our family was going through a lot. The emotional ups and downs experienced over the past year and a half have been just crazy! I was so relieved when it was over and our family could be "on the mend." I guess I couldn't be farther from the truth. I have been totally blind-sided. It's amazing how people can see things so differently: the pursuit of "happiness" vs. the pursuit of holiness (a.k.a. God's Will), consulting family and friends vs. consulting our Father. But then how is one supposed to feel when they've pursued God's heart just to be slapped in the face by thoughts from this world? It's disheartening and discouraging. The only thing I DO know is that all I can do is continue to pursue God and focus on what He is telling me and know that whatever happens I will keep my faith in Him and trust Him. I know I surely need His intervention right now.

3 comments:

Sara Fleming said...

i know how you feel and what you mean exactly, though our circumstances are different...but i am praying for your family, and i'd say you're doing an awesome job hanging in there!

Michelle said...

Having given up Facebook for lent, and then with everything else going on in my own little abode (it's been a rough time the past couple weeks and then not having my friends on FB to throw ideas at and get different perspectives has been tough too), I really don't know what you are referring to here. But I can hear the desperation in your words. So here's my two cents:


I think I've told you and J this, but I look to you guys for spiritual inspiration. If you guys can go through what you have and still have faith in God, then surely I can too! So please keep doing what you are doing. Not only are you following your God-given vocation of raising children and being a loving wife and mother, but through your actions you are spreading His word.

Also, let's not forget that God did not promise us easy roads to redemption. None of those in the communion of saints strolled through life, following God's plan, with out huge hurdles to overcome. Some where even persecuted and killed for their beliefs. But now we have their stories to learn from and to find strength in. That's why we have patron saints. Those people were people trying to do the right thing and we can learn from them. Holiness will bring eternal happiness, Em. Don't forget that.

*hugs* Maybe we should get together and I can offer a shoulder. Or you can always email me! Hang in there.

Unknown said...

Ladies, I'm late seeing your responses, but thank-you. I definitely do need friends to talk to right now! Michelle, I actually tried to text you the other day, but I'll try to call when I can! I think you may be surprised to know what this post is really about. I may post a private blog about everything in the next couple of days for only my dear friends to see if you'd like to know how to pray more specifically! Thank-you so much for all your love and support! :)