Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I help you, you help me... or not

So I just took the plunge in trying to help our family out financially again by trying to have a successful internet catalog party for my home decoration direct sales business in attempts to open my account again so I can have some sort of income. I do a pet direct sales business as well, but my first attempt at a party for that one resulted in ONE order and NOBODY at the physical party. Talk about discouraging! So as I get IMMEDIATE declines (probably before they even read what the invitation actually was) I realized how many times I get invites for other people's direct sales businesses, friends that are having babies and need baby stuff, and friends trying to help out their other friends. I'm not much to talk about finances because it's really nobody's business, but let's just say ours aren't the best and we have some expensive things coming up. (Boo NEEDED dental work). I already know exactly what I'll be spending my birthday money on, and my husband hates it. He always says my birthday money should be spent on things I WANT, but I'm finding this year I have to spend it on things WE NEED. But it is what it is. Why do I always try to buy at least a little something at everybody else's direct sales parties, baby showers, or whatever else it may be because I want to help them out? I guess I shouldn't be upset by that. I know it's a blessing that I'm always wanting to help others! And I'm feeling kind of selfish to admit I wish others would realize we need help, too! I don't post this stuff often. And it's not like I'm asking for a handout. I'm asking that somebody look at what I have to offer and see if there is anything they LIKE. They get a nice product (that I gladly refund if necessary)! Ultimately, I think the reason it bothers me so much is because I feel like I did in high school - unimportant, unpopular, forgotten, etc. I mean why will the quickly advertise one of their other friend's events like this but ignore mine? Is it that they don't care or is it that they don't know how badly we need this?? I KNOW not everybody has the money to even buy little things (believe me, I KNOW this), but I would think they'd suggest it to friends they know that would like it!

I have to remind myself that God thinks I'm special and that is ultimately all that matters. Besides, even when things are as crazy as they have been for us over the past year and a half, I have a wonderful husband who loves me unconditionally as well as 3 amazing and unique children. So I suppose the doctors aren't TOTALLY off to say I have a bit of the "blues" going on. I'll confirm that. Ultimately, though, I know I can always count on God and my family to be there for me, and that is enough! :) And I'm tired, so I'm done!

No comments: