Search This Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2011

People just don't get it

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Our first half of the day was extremely busy because we had my family's thanksgiving at 1pm and hubby's family at 2pm! Yep - craziness! The food was wonderful, though, and it was nice to have a holiday with family again!

Overall, though, we're so burnt out. All of us. Transition is so hard and so stressful! We're so grateful for a place to stay but we're talking about getting a hotel until we can get our house in a week and a half. The fact that we're getting one on post and that soon is such a blessing! Trying to find a house off post was proving to be extremely stressful! The housing allowance for lower enlisted isn't sufficient when you have three kids! But anyway it's been hard to stay in a house that is not child-proofed and has stairs - and a grumpy little dog. Poor moose-lion's face has become a battle zone. It's awful, and he's just been a wreck the past few nights as well.

We're just so ready to be in our own house again and with our own sweet, huge dog. I'm so, so grateful our friend is keeping her for us... Even if her neighbor did threaten to shoot her because she got out and"looked like an aggressive pit bull." (She's neither aggressive nor a pit bull, which are usually good dogs as well anyway!) Sometimes I just want to yell at people asking them if they've ever had to uproot their family so close to the holidays and how they would feel in that situation! It's stressful enough that we can't keep our pup with us! Plus hubby got yelled at by my grandparents' neighbor for parking his car on the street. I'm sorry we don't have a place to live temporarily because we are moving to a new duty station so my husband can still fight for our country - even after having cancer twice!

But, of course, we say nothing. We let others feel good about themselves by being ignorant and treating others badly. And THESE are the people we're uprooting our lives for!? It's humbled me, though, by reminding me to not make assumptions before getting grumpy or getting an attitude with people because I don't know their situation! And ultimately, it doesn't matter. I want to try to see them how God sees them! Only then will I treat them appropriately because I know if I acted simply how I felt I would NOT be showing God's love. So I am grateful for those that don't because it reminds me that I should!

No comments: